To make sure all participants get the most out of the Virtual Open Day, it's important that everyone understands the ground rules for video rooms.
Microphone & video
- Your microphone and video will be muted by default, but most rooms will allow you to switch these on so you can have a more personal interaction with academic and admissions staff during the live Q&A
- It's important you keep you microphone switch off when you're not speaking to minimise background noise
- Feel free to keep your video on so that the presenters can see the lovely faces of those joining them.
Agenda & asking questions
- The specific agenda of each session will change, but in general it will consist of a presentation followed by live Q&A
- During the presentation, it's best to ask questions via the chat log. That way the presenter can answer them when it suits them best.
- Afterwards during the live Q&A session, the presenter will inform you whether or not they'll be taking questions from the chat log or live.
- For smaller sessions with just a few students, they'll prefer to take questions live to keep it more conversational
- For larger sessions, presenters will likely prefer to continue taking questions from chat log, however they may ask you to repeat the question